The Indian in the Cupboard: Post Shavuot

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Post Shavuot

So we just finished Shavuot... the holiday of receiving the Torah. It was amazing and I wish I could have taken pictures to show what we experienced. If you see pictures of Yom Yerushalayim (Jerusalem Day) where people are packed in by the wall... this was 3-4 times more people. We were literally at the wall. I turned my head to see every square foot filled with people. I mean even the rooftops of buildings around the wall... it was unbelievable.

Speaking of rooftops for a second... we spent some time with Rabbi Stein, the 1st in his class at Wharton business school... basically the best business student in the country. The house was literally overlooking the wall... higher than any other building that overlooks the wall. There are few people in the history of the world who have seen the view that we saw. If was something I will never forget and on such a day it was even more amazing. Watching from above, as if we were in a helicopter, as people filed in and packed the place.

When we were at the wall we got some awesome prayerage in. It was pretty cool to know that we were among the largest group of Jews together at that moment in the world.

Well this trip has less than a week left and them I'm on my own until Yeshiva. It's sad and exciting at the same time. One things for sure... I have to learn Hebrew asap... haha

I'm gonna go put more pictures on facebook so everyone can see whats been going on... although you can't see the holidays here.

No comments: