The Indian in the Cupboard: End of Meor, Beginning of my year

Monday, June 16, 2008

End of Meor, Beginning of my year

The day after Shavuot we volunteered at a distribution center of food for the hungry. We filled boxes in half the time that their volunteers usually do. We got there late and left early...hilarious. It was amazing to see what people received but also sad to see that a family may have to live on so little for a whole month. Either way the organization was doing amazing things giving out so much food to thousands and thousands of people living in Israel.

The next day we had one of the most fun activities so far. We went hiking and rappelling through the canyons by the Dead Sea. What I didn't know was that we literally were going to rappel into pools of water and again swim, full body under, to get to different parts of the hike. Therefore, the dry clothes and camera I brought were in danger. Luckily they had a dry bag that I put them in. Unluckily I didn't see that my ipod was in my bag and it's toast. However, I found myself surprisingly not that mad and only slightly sad because the experience was amazing, I won the ipod in the first place and I haven't been using it because I haven't wanted to add music to anything yet... the natural beauty of Israel. The hike was insane and we literally rappelled down one face that was 150 ft.

I don't have much time before the battery on Jobo's computer dies so I'll write quickly... We had Shabbat with the meor giants in Har nof and parted ways to end the trip. Now many of us are in tel aviv, some in Petra, Jordan today. I am at my family's in Ramat Gan (near tel aviv) and am hanging out and meeting random cousins... and trying desperately to learn hebrew. Staying with my grandmother's sister was insane last night because we could barely communicate. I'll have to write about that next time....

Bye Bye

No comments: