The Indian in the Cupboard: My First Blog

Sunday, June 8, 2008

My First Blog

So although this is my first blog it is going to have to be short because I have to write to Katie and I've already used most of my hour on the internet.

We flew in to Israel yesterday. Usually when I leave school each summer or leave camp each fall I feel a little bit of that disuniting feeling from my friends and experiences. For some reason I keep getting it with Israel. When I saw David for the last time, Kate for the last time in America, the JEC, many of my friends at the parties we had, the people I work with... every time I feel it. And when I landed I realized that I'll be here for a year. Although yesterday it worried me... I woke up today feeling amazing.

Our group is fantastic although I wish more of the brothers could have come. Today we went horseback riding on the beach after an amazing morning of intellectual debate. I am filling my book of questions and noting the Rabbis' arguments. I have gotten into a small debate and am looking forward to future ones. I know so much will happen here and I can't wait. I hope so many people visit to see what I am experiencing and to experience something for themselves.

I miss Kate a lot! She is so amazing and I can't wait until she gets here. I am gonna go write to her!

Love,
Omri

PS I forgot to talk about the Kotel Tunnel Tours! We went to the Kotel the first night and it was awesome again. I love going there except it always gets me riled up about the whole situation. It is so amazing to see all that is under there and see what we, as Jews, have done to uncover history with the site. SO BEAUTIFUL.

Another thing... we've been getting around 5 hours of sleep a night so I'm so exhausted... tonight(it's now Friday morning) we have Shabbat in Bet Shemesh so that should be relaxing and awesome. I hope I get to see the Romm family which I stayed with last time I was there. I gtg pack cuz they won't let us keep our rooms for the one night we're gone even though we'll be back the next day...

No comments: