The Indian in the Cupboard: Israel and Ted

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Israel and Ted

So everything has gotten much better and any confusions that happened here have been cleared up for the most part. So life is good.

I hung out with Ted for the past few days. Today he is in Ein Gedi, an oasis on the dead sea filled with plant and wildlife. I have to pick up Kate tonight at 7 so I'm just hanging out until then.

Sunday we went out do dinner with Ted's friend, Danielle, and her brother. We had kebabs and basically unlimited salads of all types... and i mean all types. We sat down and they must have brought 25 or so small plates with different salads, dips etc... israeli salad, potato salad, picked things, babaganush(sp?), humus and so much more. It was delicious although pricey. I think I may have written about this already... anyway...

Monday Ted and I walked all over Tel Aviv. I took him to Shuk Ha-Carmel (the market), Sheinkin st, the Dizengoff Mall, The central bus station, the beach and some other little places. It was a lot of fun.

Tuesday we went to Jerusalem which was awesome. I took him to Machane Yehuda(the market) and had Marzipan's Rugula(the best ever... it's a pastry where they paste chocolate onto the dough and roll it into rugula and we ate it right off the baking sheet. Then we had lunch at one of the best Kubeh places in Jerusalem...(not as good as my Safta's though). We went through Mea' Sharim and went to the old city. We saw the Church of the Holy Sepulchre (where Jesus was crucified and buried and came up from i think...) where there was a huge picture of him being wrapped in a cloth (which Jews are before they are buried) before he was buried which I found really interesting. We then walked on the street, De la rosa or something, that Jesus walked on with the cross. Then I took him to the Western wall. Somehow we got into a tour of the Western wall tunnels and into the Davidson center of Archeology which are the two awesome things to see when you are by the wall. We walked all the way down to the ancient street level of the second temple, saw ruins from Roman conquest etc. I tried to find a way to let him go up to the Dome of the Rock and the Temple mount but I didn't know there were such limited allowed times for this... so I couldn't get him up there. We finished the day with some delicious Magnum ice cream and headed back to Tel Aviv.

There are a bunch of pictures that he and I took at the following address:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Levin.Omri/


I was surprised but he loves Tel Aviv and keeps saying he wishes he had more time in Israel.

Anyway tonight I pick up Kate! And then tomorrow we'll go to the dead sea in the morning and then hang out with my cousins and maybe see Don't Mess with the Zohan... which in America I think is just called The Zohan haha.

TTYL
Omz

No comments: