The Indian in the Cupboard: 6/19/08 – 8:50pm Tel Aviv, Israel

Friday, June 20, 2008

6/19/08 – 8:50pm Tel Aviv, Israel

So I am officially the last Meor-guy in Tel Aviv. Today Sam left to study at Yeshiva in Jerusalem and Josh, Saul and Jeremy probably are just boarding their plane now or just took off. Doing laundry… I just ate dinner back home and it was delicious.


Today I woke up and battled myself with whether or not I should run. I ran! It was awesome because I felt great and I got to see a bunch more of the neighborhood. After lunch I went to Ha-Carmel market and checked out that area as well and then walked up to the hotel where the guys were checking out. I saw a lot more of Tel-Aviv to familiarize myself with.


After that we walked to the mall and went to the beach and all parted ways slowly. We ended up at Mikes Place and had some drinks. Then I came home and the sheerut guy wouldn’t give me change for 6 shekels (supposed to cost 5.20) and then he also took 9.50 from another girl… the whole ride he was playing with the coins in the front of the bus… so sad… so obsessed with moneys… I hope I’m never like that.


I’m really happy that I’m getting to know the area because I can show Kate’s friend, Ted, around as well as Kate!


Tomorrow is Shabbat and I’m going to get my grandmother flowers because she does so much for me here. I don’t know what her favorite color is but Sam guessed red so I’m gonna try that. I was thinking about going out for internet tonight but I think I’ll just jump on tomorrow. (That’s funny because if you read this it’ll have been on the internet already, so it’ll seem like I wrote it online… tricky!)


Blogging is fun.


Love,

Omz

No comments: