The Indian in the Cupboard: 8-12-08 AWARDS and Jewish dopeness

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

8-12-08 AWARDS and Jewish dopeness

Sooo... Tisha B'av is over which was not so much fun. It culminates in a 24 hour fast after 9 days of being limited to washing clothes and yourself. I didn't drink enough and almost blacked out at the Western Wall... luckily Sam Yamshon helped me get some water to make me feel better. Otherwise it was my first time really observing the holiday which was interesting.

I just saw Batman The Dark Knight yesterday with Kate. It was pretty freaking awesome, although dark and sad because I really like Heath Ledger.

I also just received news that I won the Aepi International Phillip Cohen Undergraduate Achievement Key at our convention in Chicago this month! That's still sinking in. Josh Borenstein also won a sick award and the chapter, thanks to an amazing president (Saul Miller) and hard work on everyones behalf, won chapter of the year.

There's definitely a bunch more to write about but I can't think of it all.

I had an amazing Shabbat this past weekend at Rabbi Axelrods (who took us in last minute) and a family we met at Aish's Discovery program for lunch. Also Rabbi Sigler took us in for third meal and had an amazing feast. I love his family. He has 9 kids and they are all so different but all really cute and fun and smart.

Ok... so I'm not so sure what else to write about. My friend just got a bike... I made a group on facebook called Challenge the Rabbi for people to ask me good questions... and that's been moderately successful.

A lot is going on! I'm actually still somewhat excited to get all of this knowledge under my belt and start a life back in the states with Kate though. It's a little frustrating at times.

Anyway hope all is well
Omri

No comments: