The Indian in the Cupboard: 8-30-08 Shabbat before aniversary!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

8-30-08 Shabbat before aniversary!

Shabbat just ended which was wonderful. For Friday night Kate, her roommate Rebecca and I went to a very sweet couple's for dinner. And then for lunch today we went to one of Kate's teachers homes. Both meals were awesome and the company was fantastic. I happened to run into my current roommate's good friend who was hoping to meet up after the meal which worked out amazingly well.

For third meal, Kate had the amazing idea for a picnic. So the three of us had a small meal out in the park with Kate's new roommate Yvette and her new classmate Miriam. It was also really nice and cool because we saw the sun set and stars come out during the meal.

Also I forgot to tell you all about my experience watching a sofer at work. A sofer is someone who writes Torahs, megillahs, mezuzahs or anything that requires proper written Hebrew. Rabbi Norman picked this up as a hobby a while back and is now doing commissioned work. So he brought myself and Isaac over to watch him at work. He had to repair a letter in the Megillah he was writing. There are a lot of rules with writing a holy document and he explained many of them to us. The letter he had to repair required him cutting the piece of parchment that the letter was on without cutting through the piece... but removing the entire letter... lets just say watching it was pretty awesome.

Lastly, for this blog, Monday is Kate and my 2 year anniversary! So we're gonna exchange presents and I'm taking her to a sick restaurant that I can't mention yet but I'll let you know about afterwards!

HOPE ALL IS WELL
Omz

No comments: