The Indian in the Cupboard: 8-24-08 STEP IS OVER

Sunday, August 24, 2008

8-24-08 STEP IS OVER

STEP, the program I was in for the summer, is officially over. I have from now until the 10th of September to do... nothing! Woohoo. Now what should I do? That's a great question. First I need to write here since I've been a slacker and haven't written in almost 2 weeks.

Something very sad happened the other day. Kate just finished staffing a trip from NYC. And I went to go visit them and got home and realized my backpack wasn't on me anymore. Then Kate retraced my steps for me because she was still around and we realized that when we were talking in the streets of downtown, someone snagged my bag which had my map, camera and a couple books. Very sad but I got over it pretty quick... not sure why but I just feel like there's more important things in life than worrying about what's out of my hands.

I also have some weird stomach thing. It's kinda funny because Kate just realized she might be somewhat lactose intolerant and a doctor told me I also might be... random! I also noticed if I have alcohol I get weird feeling so maybe that's it... who knows.

More hilariously, one of Kate's friends kept calling me Rabbi Omri at dinner... and later in the dinner two people I had been talking to for a while... asked me if I was actually a Rabbi... so funny.

I realized today that I'm really into environmental architecture... like eco-friendly buildings and solar paneling etc. I was talking to Kate and thinking maybe that's what I should start to get into when I'm doing real estate when we get back.

I also really want to do lots of crazy hobbies like helicopters and airplanes and boats and cars... remote control... for now haha. AND I really want a room in our house with tons of instruments and music...but at the same time it's totally soundproof so that people can just jam in there. I feel like if I learn about all of these things I can teach my kids! AND maybe if I ever make tons of money or Kate does, we could create after school programming and stuff with all these hobbies to get kids off the streets... crazy rock and roll listening druggies... seriously though I would love to do that.

And who knows... maybe someday I'll become a Rabbi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

>I realized today that I'm really into environmental architecture... like eco-friendly buildings and solar paneling

Cool idea. Solar panels kinda suck at the moment though. The sun is an everlasting source of energy, but ~1/4 of that energy is lost by the time it gets through the planet's atmosphere. Electricity is also difficult to store and use later in time (i.e. night time). It's also fickle dealing with clouds and crap which temporarily disrupt your source of energy. scientists are working on solutions to resolve all of these problems though. The big idea is to launch some satellites into space with solar panels on them, and then microwave the energy to designated "energy farms" back on earth. lol that probably sounded crazy. but seriously, when solar energy is optimized & gets cheaper, it will revolutionize our dependency on fossil fuels. fo sho.