The Indian in the Cupboard: 9-9-08

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

9-9-08

In exactly one year it will be 9-9-09... I bet they won't used that for any advertising campaigns...

Sooo, my friend Matt Needleman finally got to Yeshiva... and i am finally able to move in to my permanent room. �Everythings settling down. �Today Alex and I went to Machon Shlomo because their cook, Ricki, is amazing and she made my favorite of her food called Kube (cue-beh).

Yesterday Matt wanted to buy a drum so we went to this dudes house/store/bedowin tent in the middle of the city and he let me play an amazing shofar that I really want to buy and also a bugle, drums etc. �Matt bought a sick drum... and then the dude just let us hang out and they smoked hookah while I had some delicious tea(all free!). �

The other day all of the Rabbis of our school were having a meeting... pretty holy meeting! �

I'm pretty stoked for Yeshiva to start. �I've been reading books and learning about what the prayers we say in hebrew really mean past the definitions given in English in the Sidur(prayerbook). �It's really amazing how off the translations for most things are. �And how much is missed by not reading it in its original Hebrew. �So many mistakes have been made over bad translation its unbelievable.

I kicked butt in fantasy football even though I played all of the Buffalo Bills players... I'm determined to win with them... because 1) I don't plan on winning anyway and therefore 2) if I win with the Bill's players it will be utterly humiliating for the other people in the league... and even 3) that means the Bills are doing well!.... Which will be very sad if I miss watching their games the year they are good... but I'll have to find a tv for the superbowl if they make it...

Btw if you're reading this... Which I have a feeling no one does... except Kate (Thanks :) )... write a comment. �Haha I'm totally going to get 0 comments. �O how sad.

Maybe I'll just stop writing blogs then... you people don't even want to know whats going on in my life... except if you are reading this then I guess you do care. �So thanks for caring! �Why are you such a great friend? �I miss you. �I don't think I appreciated you enough. �Maybe I should come home and give you a hug!

Kosher food rocks

Love
Omri

5 comments:

ben said...

why so skeptical! of course it gets read. you sound like you're having an amazing time on the mothership. Keep blogging g ^_^.

red said...

Omri, I totally enjoy reading your blog! Definitely keep it up!

Anonymous said...

you're hot.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I FINALLY GOT THE URL FOR YOUR SECRET BLOG MISS YOU GLAD YOU'RE HAVING FUN IN ISRAEL!