The Indian in the Cupboard: 9-28-08 I got a cool movie/music little toy thingy

Sunday, September 28, 2008

9-28-08 I got a cool movie/music little toy thingy

I love the world because I just bought this recorder/music/movie player that does a bunch of cool stuff.  I just finished... well I guess not really finished... but I'm putting stuff on it right now.  It's tiny but it's widescreen and perfect looking.  It's perfect to record the shiurim(classes) and to watch movies while I work out.

Which by the way is the most genius thing I've evere invented.  So many of you may not be so aware of what it's like to be in a place where people are studying how to be holy all day... let's just say it's very different from... America.  One this is for sure, no one watches movies... or at least I'm the only one that gets caught watching movies.  So I created an amazing system.  I already don't have so much time to waste watching movies and poking on facebook sooooo... I download movies and I only watch them when I work out.  That way I get to watch movies and it forces me to work out... and also makes me really want to work out... especially when I'm in the middle of a movie(cuz I only bike for about 30 min at a time).

It's been quite some time since I've written anything.  Lots of great stuff!

This past Shabbat my friend Matt Needleman and myself went to one of the Rabbi's houses.  One of the most amazing things about religious Jewish families, at least in my experience, is the behavior of their children.  It's unbelievable.  This Rabbi has 6 children, 2 of which are a little wild... and one of the two has downs syndrome.  However, the amount of love in the house is amazing.  One of the kids was getting a little wild and throwing stuff and the Rabbi sat down with him and talked to him about how he loves his mom and doesn't really want to throw things at her and how his son shouldn't give in to the negative inhibitions that he feels when they tell him to throw things... you have no idea the effect it had.  For the next hour he was really good.

By the way... who is Red?  I know you left a message on here and I appreciate it but I don't really know who you are... haha

So classes have been amazing, I've been getting some dope dope info on life.  It's amazing how I'm in classes most of the day, working harder than college, with homework and I'm still having the best time ever.  I wish you could all meet the people here haha.  You will eventually because they're the best and they're those friends that stick with you.   But it's crazy how cool and talented the people here are... it almost makes no sense why they're here and not using their talents.  There's one guy http://www.myspace.com/facingeastband who is in a band and making music videos and traveling back to the US every 3 months to go on tour!  There's so many cool people!  I'm not being overly enthusiastic like usual... they are actually ridiculously awesome.

Anyway tomorrow is Rosh Hashanah which starts the 10 days of Tshuvah where I get to say sorry to everyone and hopefully get forgiven for all the annoying stuff I've done to all of you.  And we get to have huge feasts... but the week ends with Yom Kippur where we fast for a day and hopefully G-d still loves me at that point so he doesn't make me smoted haha

Ok enough of my rambling for now.  I hope everyones being awesome

ttyl
Omz

1 comment:

red said...

It's Nikki! Yo! I'm the secret lover from the other day. haha I forget that I'm logged into blogger with my secret blog name. Ooops.

Shana Tova to you and Kate, and I can't wait to hear what this year brings you guys. Only the best, I hope!

PS. Tell Kate I miss her and that she needs to update her blog more often :)