The Indian in the Cupboard: 12-14-08 sorry it's been so long!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

12-14-08 sorry it's been so long!

Hey homiez,

Sorry I haven't written in forever.  I've been very busy.  Chanukah is coming up so I'm super excited.  I've been selling lots of wine, had an amazing trip to Tzfat, switched up my learning so I'm learning a lot more and have spent a lot of time on Shabbat with some of the most amazing people in the community.  It's amazing how close I am to some really big Rabbis and amazing people, not that I'm special... it's just easier to be close to them here because the community is so close and involved.  

Two stories... In Tzfat we went the the Mikvah of the Ari-Zal (he is basically the source of Kaballah that we have today.)  And Jeff was about to get in when a guy dives in next to him... and if you've never been, there is no room to dive let alone get around someone who is about to go in... and then flails wildly while Jeff is waiting to go in.  It was hilarious.  Then Jeff gets dressed and leaves and he immediately witnesses a man vomiting.  So we get back to the hotel and he asked Rabbi Bernstein if it was some weird sign from G-d HAHAHA. 

Also about learning... I'm now learning with Jeff alone, no prep shiur.  Meaning we have no one feeding us the words in English and basically have to work through it on our own in Aramaic.  Its extremely hard because you can't just look words up in a dictionary without knowing their roots and even finding the roots is hard.  But I'm learning an amazing amount and it has brightened up my days a lot more to have such a big challenge every evening.  

I hope everyone is doing well!  Rabbi Lynn had a baby girl on Friday!  

ttyl
Omri 

No comments: