The Indian in the Cupboard: 12-28-08 Amazing Community

Saturday, December 27, 2008

12-28-08 Amazing Community

Wow... so I just got back from a kumzitz... which I've heard means come and sit... so i don't know if its just ridiculous english or yiddish or what... but it was unbelievable.

It was held for Bracha Elisheva Bat Kayla because she has recently become ill.  First of all the entire community has been praying for her.  Second, there were at least 40 people packed into their aparment and this group was made up of many Yeshiva and Seminary students but also almost every Rabbi I know came.  This along with 5 guitars, a violin, a tamberine and tons of food and drinks.  It was beautiful.  It's times like these that I really can't imagine what life would be like without such a community.  I was talking to Jeff about it afterwards and I usually imagine an ill person in the hospital barely getting visitors... and I'm sure that's the average case.  But here it's unbelievable.  I hear stories all the time of random people coming and singing on Shabbat in the hospitals and bringing food... It's a mitzvah so tons of people take advantage and build up their "Heaven" or Shamayim as we say.

And Sisi Wu gets a shout out because she emailed me and that doesn't happen all so often.  And if you did email me and ur reading this and I haven't given you a shout out... then shame on me... but if you're not reading it then you can't do anything about it and sucks for you!  

So I should prolly be going to bed but just to let everyone know I wasn't affected at all with what happened today.  I actually didn't even know it was happening.  I'm sure you've heard about it but if you haven't then don't worry.  The farthest area that can usually be reached by attacks is still 60 miles west of me and I'm staying away from public areas and transport.  As they say I do my best and G-d does the rest... or if that's too religious for you: I deal with what's in my control.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Omri

No comments: