The Indian in the Cupboard: The 4th of July... except in Israel that means nothing

Friday, July 4, 2008

The 4th of July... except in Israel that means nothing

So I barely realized that it was the Fourth of July today. More importantly, here in Israel, it is Rosh Chodesh and Shabbat (The new lunar month and the Sabbath day for Jews). It's pretty weird that I won't see fireworks but I did see them at Yom Yerushalayim a lil while back. Plus the sounds of explosions always scare the crap out of me here.

So big news... Kate and I moved into seminary and yeshiva early. We were getting a little bored in Tel Aviv except for the nights and also it wasn't the most comfortable place to be because we didn't get to really settle in... or for Kate "nest". I was worried about starting early but I am actually having a lot of fun here.

Before we moved in we went to see The Bank Job and The Zohan. I thought The Bank Job was pretty good although Kate hated the acting which was a legit claim. I just thought it was so stupid that they put sex and love in the movie... it was based on a true story and nothing in that story warranted the love story they added... and if they were going to add something they should have made it somewhat interesting. Anyway The Zohan was hilarious... for the first half hour. Granted it was late and I fell asleep for a little, it was a different type of humor that was good but not the best of Adam Sandler.

We also got to hang out with my uncle in law who invited Kate and I over for Shabbat day tomorrow at his moms which I am very excited for.

In terms of Fantasy Baseball, I am finally able to keep up with the team (although I barely know anything about baseball), and this week I am destroying David Sokolow... LET IT BE REMEMBERED... 7-1 currently.

On a more serious note, there was a terror attack while Kate and I were in Jerusalem the other day. Some really really ridiculously stupid idiot decided that he should drive a tractor through the busy streets of Jerusalem trying to kill and injure as many people as possible. I found out later that bills were being passed that day to destroy the homes of, deport the families of, take the social security away from the families of and do more to the terrorists. I was so happy to hear this because it is the only way to retaliate... Immediately after the terror attack, the mother of the terrorist was singing in joy on her porch about the incident with a crowd of supporters. I have plenty more to say about this but it is time to get ready for Shabbat.

I want to wish the people that are currently being healed from the incident a speedy recovery. And I also hope everyone reading this is having an amazing, healthy and happy summer and that nothing like this should ever happen to you or touch the people around you.

Love
Omz

No comments: