The Indian in the Cupboard: 2-10-09 Sorry its been so long

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2-10-09 Sorry its been so long

I was just looking out into the amazing view from my room and witnessed, within the windiest day we've had all year, a small, dark, bird doing barrel rolls seemingly for fun.  And I thought to myself... I haven't written in my blog for too long... so here I am.

I don't know where I left off and I'm too lazy to check but lets see how I do giving you an update...

I'm planning on leaving March 15, right after Purim which is basically the funniest holiday because we listen to the story, drink a lot and then the Yeshiva puts on a big production to make the whole community laugh.  I'm happy I got to stay for this haha.

I've been learning a ton and, especially now that I'm going home soon, trying to finish up all of the things I wanted to do here before I left.  I'm really happy with where I've gotten.  And I have a lot of people to thank for it but mostly Kate.  She also has grown insanely.  She even has a love for life in Israel which is amazing.   She said something to me the other day which I'm about to misquote but it was something that when I heard it I knew why I love her so much... she said "Omri, I want us to be people who do what they believe in"  talking about wanting to live in Israel if we were in a position where it was logical.  

Also since I'm coming back to the US soon I got to pick out a phone and car and whatnot that I'll have to get to start working.  The plan for the first few months is to study at Ohr Somayach in Monsey in the morning and night and work in the afternoon with one of my father's best clients in real estate.  Then, when Kate gets back, we'll move to Passaic, NJ and make a happy family!

It's going to be hard leaving because, although I haven't spent a ton of time here... I've learned a lot, changed a lot, and understand a lot more than I ever did.  Norbert just left and it was really intense... but hopefully I'll just sneak out and no one will notice haha.

Anyway I'm gonna head out and see ya'll later.
Hope all is well
Omri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you updated, honey! And it's so funny to read things here I don't know you're thinking! Keep posting, I love reading it even though I'm lucky enough to talk to you every day :)

Anonymous said...

Omri!!! Leave another post again already. It's been over a month. I miss you and hearing about what's going on in your life.

Guess what? I decided to write my personal journal in a blog myself, so check out Kufert.blogspot.com if you'd like to hear about the day to day stuff I do. Keep in touch and I'll talk to ya later.

Unknown said...

It's been so long... again.